Serves: 3 - 4
1. Cut the meat in small pieces; remove fat and seams.
2. In a food processor put small amount of the meat at a time, spread some mitmita, grind until meat is finely chopped; using a fork, remove any residue of fat and seams; place the spicy ground meat in a dish; repeat the process until all required meat is done.
3. In small pot, on a lower heat melt the butter, add the remaining mitmita, false cardamom, (garlic, black pepper, salt, if needed); remove from heat.
4. Combine the spicy ground meat with the spicy butter; using fork and spoon, mix it until completely marinated.
5. Place it in a lightly warm serving dish, serve it immediately with Injera or bread. If preferred, sauté the marinated meat for two to three minutes.
6. Note: As Steak Tartar is uncooked dish, choice of first class quality meat and cleanliness is important.
* You will find these spices in Ethiopian or Indian shops/groceries.
** Please go to www.yewoinfamilycooking.com to see how to prepare Purified/Clarified Butter (Nitir Kebe).
Complements well with Tela (Ethiopian Beer) and warm company!